Tuesday

Time Management Advice for Full-Time Poker Pros

Take yourself away from the "have to" mindset. This is the mentality in which you say to yourself, "I have to play 5 hours today to reach my 40 hrs per week goal." I found out, through my own experience, that this practice is very de-motivating. It caused me to burn out and feel that playing was no longer fun. It made me feel like a 9 to 5 employee which is what we poker players don't want in the first place.

Learn to think positive. Have a balanced life. And play poker when you choose to not when you have to. Say, "I choose to play 5 hours today", not, "I have to play 5 hours today". Don't worry. If you think positive and have a balanced life, you will LOVE to play. And when this happens, you will tend to play well and therefore maximize your hourly EV.

No comments:

Post a Comment